Tuesday, March 9, 2010

To Kill a Mockingbird

I made it!

I had finished out of reading to kill a mockingbird. the first english novel I ever read. Hell damn yeah! It took weeks to finish reading this book. I'm glad finally I'm done it. Now, I'm trying to spoil it to all of you.

In the early pages I read, I feel dizzy and confused about vocabs. There are so many words I never heard. I decide to look out the disct. Dictionary not helping me much. In fact, I am getting frustrated because the words didn't exist in my pocket dictionary. So I decided to read through the pages and see dictionary only when I can't get the feeling of the player. Day by day, week by weeks has passed, then whuala..!! I arrived in the end of novel. Alhamdulillah.

To kill a mockingbird is a novel story about curiosity, encouragement, and sincerity of a young girl named Scout (6th) or Jean Louise Finch looking the daily activities happen in her country. She live in an unchanged country -Maycomb - which run in the same patron as the country born centuries ago. Maycomb is a fictive country in South region of America. taking time in mid 30's, when a white American still violating the black people. Scout was trying to find what was happen in her country.

Scout learned knowing her neighbourhood, about their capabale of, history, character, and how people interact one another. But there's a man in a house she could find nothing about him. Boo Radley. No adult peoples want to talk about it, only rumors among the children told that he was a killer, a psyco who killed her own mother, then prisoned on his own house.

Scout grown as a tomboy because she played all the time with her brother (Jem) with no mother who died when she was baby was taking care of her. Her father (Atticus Finch) was an open-minded person, he taught her children virtues and morality and less about formal manner as people usually taught.

Atticus Finch was a lawyer defending a black man (Tom Robinson) who suspected of raping a girl (Mayela Ewell). Because of that, people said Finch's were nigger-lover. Scout didn't realy know it means. But she felt an insult of her father, and when she angry, she will jumped off the kids who saying that. Atticus could prove Tom is innocemt, he assuming that Mayela, a girl with no friends, had attempting seducting Tom by her own will. But because, Tom was a nigger, the juries was still punishing guilty to Tom.

The Ewell's Father got mad with Atticus. In the last pages, Ewell attacked Scout and Jem in the night, not clear how, then he got himself killed. Fortunately, Jem and Scout were helped by Boo radley. Finally, they knew that Boo was a kind man, he never go out in the day because he was an albino and could get hurt if he under sun light.

To Kill a Mockingbird is a great novel for you to learn english by reading a novel.

They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience.
(Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird)

No comments: